Monday, October 17, 2011

How to Brag...First You Need Great Material

Mother's have bragging rights.


I have three stories that are complete, sappy brags about Jenna, Carly and Rachel.


Have I told you about Jenna?


"No...please, please tell me," you would say.


"Well, she is in school at Paul Mitchell salon school and she has just finished her class work and is now on the floor cutting hair for clients!" and
(barely taking a breath)
"Her first client came in last week, requested her and she did a difficult cut and had absolute rave reviews from her instructor and most importantly from the client.!" 


"I just knew she would be great!" Moms just know this about their kids!!


And Carly? you ask...
The month of September...she made company history. Her company is a business training and leadership company. There is  a program called the Performance Index that gives employees "scorecards" that detail their responsibilities. At the end of each month, you sit down with your boss and you score your scorecard. The categories are: Does not meet expectations, partially meets expectations, meets expectations, exceeds expectations, and far exceeds expectations. 

The month of September was a FULL one. Carly worked over weekends and was very tired. But SHE DID IT! Carly made company history by being the first ever to reach Far Exceeds Expectations. 



Here I would say..."I think she gets her work ethic from me!"


Laugh, laugh..

Now on to Rachel.


"Have you heard about her move?"

"Well, Rachel moved to Boston last month. She saved her money and had everything planned except for her employment...small detail!"

"She interviewed and then had a two day audition with a floral design company called Winston flowers. Today she returned for a follow-up to her audition and they want her on their design team. They design for very large events in the city, for local upscale hotels and even travel to certain White houses ( wink, wink) several times a year to set up for important events! I looked on their website...you should look too http://winstonflowers.com/  and they even do set ups for movies. It is an amazing opportunity for Rachel. From here her design skills will be endless. The HR lady told her they have had people leave there to go work for Vera Wang. It is a regular nine to five job with full dental, medical and vision benefits! "


"Rachel is a pro at the re-creation of beauty!" 


" I taught her how to plant flowers in the yard and it was then I saw her gift!" I would say


And that's how bragging is done. I have three daughters that provide great material! Oh and it is especially important to note that these three girls paid for the majority of their education! What they couldn't cover they took out in loans.  


 Ask me again about Jenna or Carly or Rachel and I will obnoxiously retell all the braggy details again and then conclude that I have great kids and that we are so blessed!


And we are....SO BLESSED! 

2 comments:

KJA said...

You DO have some amazing girls (and boys), and you have every right to brag. So excited for your family. Miss you girl.

laradouglasphotography.blogspot.com said...

I miss your amazing, wonderful, talented girls....sigh...

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages