Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Public Display of Affection is Baaaaack

I have had this premonition over the years that we are slowly being isolated from one another in various ways. I believe that over time the affects of this kind of life will be catastrophic for families, communities and nations.

How is this happening?

self checkout
pump your own gas
press three to actually speak to a human if the robot couldn't solve the problem
Just Dance and other Wii activities that keep your eyes glued to a screen instead of a human being
Texting words of love instead of saying them to someone
playing games with gaming communities instead of families

why is it when worldly communications is so much more "advanced" the human communication dwindles and fades?

and now a lotion commercial is encouraging human beings to make connections again with people!



Today when I was running errands with Shane and Cassie I was filled with over- bursting feelings of love as we laughed and sang songs. It made me happy.


1 comment:

Lynette said...

I never even knew there was a Nat'l PDA Day! This is so great, I thought I should share it on Facebook, but that would somehow defeat the whole meaning of it, wouldn't it?

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages