Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sam I Am...Who?















I have been sleeping for days. Anesthesia makes me loopy for a while. Really, really loopy. When I woke up 30 minutes ago I was in a complete panic. I just knew we had left our child, Sam, at a gas station in Arkansas. My heart was racing as I envisioned  him wandering around that gas station alone. I was running through my mind the last time I saw Sam so I could retrace my steps. I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed he was missing til now. I felt like such a bad mother! I wanted to cry but felt too panicked to do even that!

Cassie was in the bed next to me watching tv when I considered asking her when she remembered seeing him last. It was at that moment when I started asking her that I realized there were several problems with involving her in my dilemma.

1. I don't have a son named Sam.

2. I haven't been in an Arkansas gas station in several years.

3. And I don't want Cassie to see that her mother has....

LOST HER MIND!!!!!

2 comments:

Tait said...

This past weekend Ry's cousins came to visit and she has three kids. One is on the sofa watching a movie the other is crawling around next to me and the other one was being changed by his mother. She had one leg in her grasp and the other cleaning his butt, while she screamed out for Johnny to come see this part on the movie....Well JOhnny was the one she was changing. I officially mommed her. Child in hand and calls out for him as if she lost him. Welcome to the club where your mind has gone.

Lynette said...

Thanks for worrying about MY little son, but really, he's fine. I must say, I have moments like that without the meds, so you do survive it...but regretfully, disorientation becomes familiar ground.

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages