Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Money Well Spent?


The "Assignment" was to find dinner at Walmart for under $3. It could be anything and it could have been nutritious....oh, what could have been, but was NOT. Especially when they discovered that they could have their very own soda. Tannner was singing in the soda pop aisle out of happiness. While I walked the aisles with the cart there were switch outs and lots of,
 " Oh, I can't get that."
Tanner was especially bummed about the high cost of shrimp. I think for the first time they actually looked at the prices and weren't begging for anything or secretly tossing items into my cart.

Before I begin reciting what was purchased be prepared by knowing that the only thing green in these meals was in a sugary form of candy lime or green apple flavors.

Shane wins for coming the closest to the $3 limit at 2.97. He bought 4 ramen noodle packets, a 2 liter bottle of orange crush and a box of Skittle Fizzled Fruits. He loses on the nutritional content. 

Cassie wins for the most healthy meal. She had macaroni and cheese, a plum, her 2 liter of A&W rootbeer and a box of bottlecap candies. I use the word healthy here quite freely. It was only because she bought something that actually grows in the ground.

Tanner had 3 Ramen noodle packets, a turkey and cheese lunchable and a 2 liter of gingerale. He swore to me that gingerale has a low carb count for a soda! HA! He looked at the label and read that the entire bottle of soda had 25 grams of carbs. A diabetic needs to know what is entering his body so on closer examination and at my mocking he noticed that it was 25 carbs per serving.  He wins for " full of bologna!" 

It was a fun experiment and one that I hope they remember... I know I will! 

2 comments:

KJA said...

but it looks like FUN!

*Rach* said...

I can see this scene taking place! Soooo great! And really describes the 3 of them perfectly!

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages