Saturday, September 25, 2010

Gathering

Each day is a test.

Sometimes I seem to pass easily through the questions and decisions that are constant. Like an incoming fast ball I feel required to hit each one with my best effort. And still there are days that I completely strike out.

 I have wondered often why I feel like each morsel of a day is so significant. I tell my children regularly to make good choices as they walk out the door. I know they will have many and most likely more than they, or I can even understand.

"There comes a time in everyone's life when all we can see are the years passing by..." is a line in a song that I ponder over. So what becomes of us as the years are passing by?

 I think I finally understand why each moment of the day is to be carefully examined. We must care about what we wear or what we do, how we love and forgive the people who matter the most or how we control our thoughts and how our words are expressed. All of it matters!

It is in the years that pass by that we are allowed to gather the best of ourselves along the way. Or in contrast, we are weighed down with the burden of the least of ourselves. Like a field of dancing flowers or damaging thistles we are choosing what we become; for good or ill in our lives.

 I am reminded of a line in Anne of Green Gables,
" tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it"

I am grateful for that gift.
For tomorrow I will begin again to gather.


1 comment:

*Rach* said...

I remind myself of that Anne quote all the time...

We are the Frazier Family... We have a good life together with minimal fighting and lots of fun.

Family Favorites

* Shakespeare in the Park

* Sunday night game night with friends

* Oreo cookie mint chocolate chip ice-cream dessert

* College Basketball ( Duke Fans)

* Photography

* Lake of the Ozarks

* Singing to the radio- we are annoying to travel with

* Roller Coasters

* Wicked

*Rocking on the front porch

* Thunderstorms

* The Muny

* Hanging out with Pompa and Grandma Jo

* Coach Mike from the Manchester Swim team

* Blogging

* Church

* Kick ball and wiffle ball games at Queeny Park

*i-pods, i-tunes and everything apple (except the i phone)


Pages